Micronized Food Products (MFP) was established over 30 years ago to produce micronized cereals and pulses for the animal feed and brewing industries.
Since 2014 we have been part of the Anglia Maltings Group of companies with annual sales of over 500,000 tonnes and an annual turnover of £181 million (2018).
We have over 300 members of staff across our 7 UK sites along with a further 75 colleagues in Germany and Poland.
MFP manufacture a wide range of micronized food products at our Standard Way site in Northallerton for delivery nationwide and export.
Our Standard Way site is accredited to FEMAS quality assurance standards and this, along with our dedicated laboratory, ensure that raw materials comply with the highest standards of quality and that finished products meet and exceed their specifications.
The manufacturing plants are operated by time served highly skilled staff with many years of experience in our business.
Micronized Food Products operates in the following sectors - Brewing, Agriculture, Equine, Animal Pharmaceutical, Pet and Wild Bird Feed and produce cooked products in flaked, whole and meal form.
MFP is committed to delivering a first class customer service. We pride ourselves on building long term and trusted relationships with all our customers, many of which have been with us since the business was founded.
Quality & Technical Manager
- Every consignment of raw material is sampled and tested in our onsite laboratory to analyse quality prior to processing
- After discharge into holding silos the raw materials are cleaned and graded to remove impurities
- The cleaned raw material is then conditioned with steam and water to pre-determined levels and tempered prior to cooking
- The cooking process enhances the palatability, digestibility and nutrient value of the product
- At all stages of the production process material is aspirated to ensure the finished product is of the highest quality.
The cooked product is processed as whole grain, flakes or ground into a meal, before being screened and graded prior to packing in 25kg/ 20kg bags, totes or bulk.